Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day

I love you:

I know what this day is supposed to mean,

Chocolate, lace, and silver that gleams,

Yet these wonderful things I cannot do,

But from the depths of my heart,

I love you.

Beyond my grasp, in the darkness of sleep

You haunt my shadows, my dreams you keep,

But whether it’s the blackness of night, or the morning sky blue,

From the pith of my soul,

I love you.

The image of you burns divine

For I long to embrace you, call you mine,

My secret dream fulfilled, if you only knew,

So with every longing in my body,

I love you.

So whether you be within my reach or afar from my sight,

Conceived with child or given birth to new life,

Circumstances do not affect me and all I say is true,

No matter where you are,

I love you.

You may not care, or even like what I say,

You may think me ill, wish to keep me away,

But no matter what you have heard, this I will never undo,

And the honest truth is,

That I love you

You are of beauty unmatched, you tempt the gods

Your eyes, your smile, you beat all the odds,

It is you I crave for, you I want through and through

So with each breath that I take,

I love you.

This is now the seventh stanza, and all these words can’t convey,

Not even a fraction of how much you make my day

I am drunk, intoxicated, you are like the strongest brew,

So I will end this by once again saying,

That I love you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sonja Villalba said...

Why thank you! Lovely poem, simply beautiful! Love you too!

4:53 AM  
Blogger Queen of Clubs said...

wonderful... happy v-day

6:51 AM  
Blogger whacky said...

nice one, Shawn!

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home